Continuous Monitoring of Particles Concentration
The PARTICLE SENSOR enables a continuous monitoring of hydraulic fluids and lubricants in order to determine the presence of insoluble and metal particles as well as the degree of their concentration. The sensor technology helps to efficiently track any occurring changes in the oil condition and to provide early warning of wear of the machine components.
- Measuring range: 4, 6, 14, 21 µm
- Cleanliness classes according to: ISO 4406:99 and SAE AS4059
- Voltage: 9 - 33 VDC
- Fluid pressure: up to 420 bar
- Fluid flow rate: 50 - 400 ml/min
- Temperature: -20°C to +85°C
- Protection class: IP 67
- Interface: RS232/ CAN; 4 – 20 ma
- Data memory: 3000 data records
- Fluid compatibility: mineral oils (e.g. HLP), ester oils (e.g. HEES/ HETG)
The PARTICLE SENSOR employs a so-called light extinction principle with laser technology to optically count the detected particles and classify them within a measuring cell according to their size and quantity. The measured values are displayed in compliance with ISO 4406:99 and SAE AS 4059 respectively. The applicability of the sensor for operating pressures of up to 420 bars makes it suitable for installation directly into the pressure line. The obtained data are recorded, transferred to the DATALOGGER and stored for a prolonged period of time.